- This position entails duties covering a wide array of library services but an emphasis will be placed on policy development, planning, project implementation, budgeting, personnel administration, and community outreach. The work requires that the employee have thorough knowledge, skill and ability in every aspect of the public library field. The role will also involve grant writing, leading long-term planning (with assistance from the Assistant Library Director), evaluating staff performance and project outcomes, and using data to guide future positioning for projects.
- This is a full-time department head position. Flexibility in scheduling is required and will include some evening and Saturday hours.
- Salary for this position is $60-65,000 and includes fully-paid health and dental insurance. Optional enrollment in TIAA-CREF.
- Lead the visioning process for the J. Lewis Crozer Library. Plan and direct the goals, objectives and operations of the library to meet community needs.
- Hire, evaluate, discipline and dismiss staff as necessary to ensure adherence to established policies.
- Supervise and evaluate (annually) department heads in the performance of their duties.
- Recommend administrative and governing policies to the board of directors.
- Develop and oversee an operating budget of $600,000+ and review expenses monthly. Provide this data as a report to the board of directors monthly.
- Assess maintenance and repair needs for the building. Work with contractors on additions and renovations.
- Oversee service agreements and contracts with vendors.
- Monitor legislation related to library issues and advises appropriate officials.
- Participate in a variety of meetings, committees, panels to communicate information regarding services or initiatives including the Delaware County Libraries director’s meeting.
- Maintain positive relationships and actively seek to create new relationships with city hall, community partners, and local non-profits.
- Communicate regularly with library department heads on all current work being done and potential future initiatives.
- Assist all department heads in the execution of their duties when needed.
Requirements for this position:
- A Master’s degree in library/information science is required.
- Library experience is required.
- Experience with a Library collection management platform (such as Sierra) strongly preferred.
- Grant writing experience is strongly preferred.
- Leadership and/or managerial experience highly valued.
- 3 clearances must be completed prior to employment offer:
- PA Child Abuse Clearance
- PA Criminal History Clearance
- FBI Fingerprinting Background Check
- The applicant should enjoy working with and assisting individuals of all ages in Chester’s diverse community.
- Respect for coworkers, and patrons is essential along with sensitivity to patron privacy.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com