This position entails duties covering a wide array of library services with an emphasis placed on library programing, creative and engaging activities, and promotion of library services via social media. A person in this position will be expected to offer fun, exciting programs and manage the library’s social media presence. This person will also be responsible for attending the county’s youth services meetings. This is a full-time department head position. Flexibility in scheduling is required and will include some evening and Saturday hours.
Essential Job Functions:
- Introduce children to the library and present the library as a fun and welcoming place.
- Plan and direct library programming for children, such as weekly storytime, arts and crafts events, make-and-take crafts, children’s book clubs, summer reading support, etc.
- Network with local daycares to provide services and programs.
- Develop and execute a marketing strategy for children’s programs to the community.
- Maintain the library’s social media presence and use it to advertise upcoming events in collaboration with the head of Adult Programming and Community Outreach.
- Work with the library’s board and the Head of Adult Programming to release a library newsletter on a monthly basis.
- Be willing to interact and serve patrons and answer questions and respond to requests.
- Collaborate with other department heads in the daily administrative tasks needed to keep the library functioning efficiently.
- Participate in collection development and expansion with other department heads.
- Assist the Head of Adult Programming in the execution of their programming when needed.
- Cross train to cover the circulation desk during peak periods and to cover staff breaks.
- Additional duties may be assigned as needed.
- A Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Teaching or daycare experience is strongly preferred.
- Library and/or customer service experience preferred.
- Reliable transportation is required for this position as the responsibilities will often require travelling to community partners.
- 3 clearances must be completed prior to employment offer:
- PA Child Abuse Clearance
- PA Criminal History Clearance
- FBI Fingerprinting Background Check
- Standing, lifting (25 lbs), bending, the ability to read small print are all physical requirements for the position.
- The applicant should enjoy working with and assisting individuals of all ages in Chester’s diverse community.
- Respect for supervisors, coworkers, and patrons is essential along with sensitivity to patron privacy.
The salary for this position has been established at $40-45,000 annually and includes fully-paid health and dental insurance. Optional enrollment in TIAA-CREF.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com