Guidelines for Public Use of Library Building and Grounds
The Community Room and the Library’s grounds provide attractive settings for uniting the resources of the library with the activities of the community. Groups holding meetings of a civic, cultural, or educational nature may qualify to use the library facilities. Events held outdoors must comply with all applicable City ordinances.
The Library’s premises are NOT available for meetings which:
1. Have religion as their major focus
2. Serve political parties or organizations
3. Promote candidates for political office
4. Benefit private individuals or organizations
5. Raise funds for commercial endeavors
Bookings and Fees
A signed application form will be submitted to the Library’s Director at least 14 days in advanced of the requested date. All applications are approved or disapproved by the Director of the Library. The Director may impose a usage fee of $25.00 for every 2 hours and security deposits as deemed advisable.
Organizations may reserve the meeting room or grounds for use during the hours that the library is open for service.
Organizations planning to show films or slides must provide their own equipment and operator. Organizations planning to serve light refreshments must provide for the refreshments and the task of leaving the premises clean.
Any organizations meeting in the J. Lewis Crozer Library MUST:
1. Understand that the organization’s meeting is public
2. Accept all organizational-related inquiries the library receives
An organization meeting in the J. Lewis Crozer Library MUST NOT:
1. Use either the name of the address of the Library as the official address or headquarters of any organization
2. Use the name of the Library in media publicity except to mention the location of the program or event
3. Distribute printed materials on Library property without the explicit permission of the Director
4. Allow smoking in the Library
If you wish to apply for Community Room rental at the J. Lewis Crozer Library, please complete an application, which can be downloaded below. Once completed, please email the application to email@example.com