The J. Lewis Crozer Library strives to create an inviting atmosphere for people of all ages who visit the library. Those using the library and its resources have the right to expect a safe, comfortable environment that supports appropriate library services. The code of conduct has been developed to ensure the library functions in this manner.
THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES ARE NOT ALLOWED AT THE J. LEWIS CROZER LIBRARY:
- Fighting (real or play)
- Intentionally damaging items or property belonging to the library or patrons
- Failing to comply with computer usage rules
- Eating and drinking at the computer work stations
- Weapons of any kind (on library premises) with the exception of authorized personnel
- Use of audio equipment and hand-held toys without earphones. Cell phones must be on silent or vibrate
- Use of library facilities for bathing or washing of clothes or hair
- Personal hygiene so offensive as to constitute a nuisance to others
- Animals other than those assisting disabled persons
- Distribution of materials to either staff or library users without prior approval of library staff
- Campaigning, petitioning, or soliciting
- Displaying of inappropriate sexual activity (e.g., flashing, petting, unwanted physical contact)
- Soliciting of sex, money, or other favors
- Bare feet, shirtless or swimwear
- Running, loud behavior, or foul language
- Bicycles, scooters, or skateboards brought into the library or left in the atrium or public walkways; for patrons’ safety, a bicycle rack is located along the walkway to the library
- Library phones can only be used in the event of a real emergency
- Children aged 12 and under must be accompanied by parent/guardian or responsible designee at least 18 years of age. Staff will make attempts to contact parent/guardian; if none available, the authorities may be called
- Use of the public computers is governed by the Delaware County Library System Electronic Information Network and Internet Safety Policy. The policy can be found on the computers and at http://www.delcolibraries.org/EINPolicy.pdf.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE LIBRARY’S CODE OF CONDUCT MAY RESULT IN THE NEED TO CALL THE AUTHORITIES.
Note: Exceptions are allowed as designated for a specific library program.